Starting a business by yourself can be difficult. Hiring help for your business can allow you to focus on your strengths while enlisting others to handle the areas where you have less experience.
In chapter 11 of the SCORE Startup Roadmap, you’ll think through the costs and benefits of hiring workers and whether you should hire employees, independent contractors or both.
If you aren’t a “people person,” hiring a salesperson can help you attract more clients. And if you’re opening a store, restaurant, service business or other types of business that will interact directly with customers, you’ll need employees to handle some of the work.
The SCORE Startup Roadmap includes these 12 chapters, but you do not have to stop at every exit:
- Chapter 1: Starting Your Journey
- Chapter 2: Are You Ready to Start a Business?
- Chapter 3: Defining and Validating Your Idea
- Chapter 4: Business Plan or Business Model Canvas?
- Chapter 5: Finding Funding
- Chapter 6: Setting Up Your Business
- Chapter 7: Accounting, Insurance, and Legal Considerations
- Chapter 8: Marketing Your Business
- Chapter 9: Pricing, Sales, and Distribution
- Chapter 10: Setting Up Your Physical Location
- Chapter 11: Staffing Your Business
- Chapter 12: Open for Business
Starting a business may seem overwhelming, but with the SCORE Startup Roadmap, sponsored by FedEx, and your mentor, you don’t have to do it alone.