While starting a business is easier than ever in many ways, the foundation of any profitable business remains what it’s always been: determination, drive and hard work. As you begin your entrepreneurial journey, use this chapter to lay the groundwork for success
In chapter 2 of the Startup Roadmap, you’ll conduct a thorough self-assessment to confirm that you have what it takes to start a business.
You’ll assess your readiness to start a business, including your motivation, your skills and experience, your financial resources, your goals, and your support system. You’ll identify the tools at your disposal to help you succeed, and the tools you still need to acquire before proceeding. If you get stuck at any point, your SCORE mentor is there to help you.
After this chapter, check out which of the other Roadmap chapters you should take next:
- Chapter 1: Starting Your Journey
- Chapter 2: Are You Ready to Start a Business?
- Chapter 3: Defining and Validating Your Idea
- Chapter 4: Business Plan or Business Model Canvas?
- Chapter 5: Finding Funding
- Chapter 6: Setting Up Your Business
- Chapter 7: Accounting, Insurance, and Legal Considerations
- Chapter 8: Marketing Your Business
- Chapter 9: Pricing, Sales, and Distribution
- Chapter 10: Setting Up Your Physical Location
- Chapter 11: Staffing Your Business
- Chapter 12: Open for Business
The SCORE Startup Roadmap, sponsored by FedEx, will take you from the initial step of defining your business idea through your ultimate destination of launching your business—successfully!